We believe, as you go ticking your wedding checklist, deciding on the wedding photographer is one of the most important decisions that you will have to take. The fun, craziness and physical experiences will only last you through the span of the wedding and reception.
What about when the wedding and related events get over? Wedding memories can be kept alive even for years down the line only with the help of great photographs. Pictures help to give the memories colour, texture and existence. Even you know how many times in life you must have leafed through the pages of your parent’s wedding album and gushed over each and every detail, right?
Unlike the work of your other wedding suppliers, a.k.a. flowers, cake, music, venue etc., photographs aren’t something that you can hear, smell, see or taste before. You really don’t know what you will be getting until after it’s done. This means that you should do all the more research in carefully analysing and selecting your wedding photographer.
If you are a couple who prioritises wedding photography, well, this article is just the one for you. Read on to know the tips for hiring a great wedding/event photographer in Oxfordshire like Nigel Chapman Photography, who will deliver you eternal and timeless wedding pictures. As a documentary wedding photographer, they basically capture natural, unforgettable memories, engaging in creative storytelling through the lenses.
Steps to hire a wedding photographer
The wedding day is one of the biggest and most special days in every individual’s life. This day completely transforms the life of the bride and groom, and is an important milestone in their existence. Hiring a wedding photographer is a very critical aspect of that. While the wedding festivities stay a day, the wedding album lives on forever. So, are you looking for a passionate Surrey based wedding photographer who will capture the wedding in the best way? Follow these essential steps:
- Decide the style: First, you need to decide what kind of photography style you want. This will in turn help you list down the photographers you will want to capture your wedding. Get inspired by Pinterest, Instagram etc., and try to narrow down your interest to certain styles. You and your partner could decide on something that’s more of the formal portrait style, or a classic style, or even natural, candid genre. So, if there’s a special style that you love, tend to narrow down to photographers who specialize in that.
- Do the homework: The next step is to start your wedding photographer search. You could ask around friends who got married, read up online reviews, browse local listings, check out wedding photographer blogs and websites etc. Doing a thorough research will give you an idea about the photographer’s style and way of work.
- Set up a meeting: Now, once you have narrowed down your list of photographers, it’s time to set up interviews with each one of them. This will help you know your photographer in person. Look at more of their work, talk it out with what kind of wedding theme you are going for, what kind of photography style you desire etc. You could even ask to see their portfolios and make sure to review these with a critical eye.
- Personality match: The next thing that you need to ensure is whether your personality gels with that of the photographer. It’s very important that you like and bond with your photographer. She/ He should be fully committed to her/ his clients, and be able to put you at ease. The more comfortable you and your partner are with the photographer, the better the photos will turn out.
- Compare packages: And lastly, you should ask them for a general price quote based on their standard photography fee plus the processing and package and all of that. You should have a clear idea how much they charge and for what. Do they charge on per photo or a per hour basis etc.? But, at the same time, if all the other boxes are ticked, and you find a great photographer, make sure to not get bogged down by the price as this is a lifetime investment.
Yes, though it’s difficult and overwhelming to find yourself a great wedding photographer, with so many options out there in the market, it’s nothing impossible. Follow all of these steps above to come across a photographer who is perfect for you and your wedding.